Permissions

You should change the setup for the permissions section into groups with sub groups that get automatically selected when the upper group is selected.
Example([_] is a check box):
[_]Everyone
--[_]Me
--[_]Everyone in the campaign
----[_]GM
----[_]All Players
------[_]Individual player 1
------[_]Individual player 2
------[_]...
--[_]Friends
----[_]Friend 1
----[_]Friend 2
----[_]...

You see what I mean? The way it is now is just weird and throws me off.

Also, as a side note, the individual check boxes for your friends don't seem to be working for me. I selected a friend of mine to edit it, and he wasn't able to. Luckily, he was the DM, so I just set it to allow him to. Please check this out.
That's not a bad idea. It does sound more intuitive. I'll also look into the problem with allowing individuals to edit. Sounds like a bug to me.
Admin
That's not a bad idea. It does sound more intuitive.

I thought so :P I tend to categorize things in my head this way a lot. That's why the folders on my computer often go 10 deep :P

Quote: Admin

I'll also look into the problem with allowing individuals to edit. Sounds like a bug to me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'd appreciate it, especially if you're going to switch to this new system, which might suffer from the same problem.
Another thing. Maybe some people disagree with me, but I think the default permission for who can view journal entries should be everyone in the campaign.
Epic!
Pointer-left 1094917_thumb
Sam
Jacob
Another thing. Maybe some people disagree with me, but I think the default permission for who can view journal entries should be everyone in the campaign.

Agreed.
Jacob

This is configurable by the campaign owner. In Edit->Permissions, the owner can change the "Default View Permissions for Journal Posts".
Hi,
It would also be nice to have more granular permissions in the forums, ie the ability to grant view only permission to players at top level, but read/write in sub-forums.

Also the ability to lock a thread, such as an introductory GM post at the top of a sub-forum
Epic!
The abilty to sticky a Jounal entry would also be cool, so it's always at the top, but I guess that can be done by using the Forum to mirror the journal anyway.

On another site I've seen this done by allowing the journal post date to be modified, so if you set it way in the future it stays at the top.
Both are good options
I am all for locking a forum thread.

Regards

Gamemeister_nz
Hi,
It would also be nice to have more granular permissions in the forums, ie the ability to grant view only permission to players at top level, but read/write in sub-forums.

Also the ability to lock a thread, such as an introductory GM post at the top of a sub-forum