Alternate payment methods?

Pointer-left Orkglyph_thumb
Rob
Not a feature for campaigns really, but for people who either don't or can't use PayPal, it would be nice to still be a supporting member.

Are there any other options here?
It's certainly a feature for the site in general. We want your money, so this is a priority for us.
Rob
Good to hear!
Is there a timeline on this. I want to upgrade and I've been fighting with Paypal for the last 40 minutes. They used to do the instant payment thing where you didn't have to log in just run your card through them but I can't do that this time for some reason so it's going to take 3-5 business days to move 12 dollars from my bank account. I hate Paypal.
Rob
I hate them too. I was the victim of identity theft and even though they resolved everything in my favor and refunded over $300 stolen dollars to me they have now limited my account indefinitely. They won't tell me why or what I can do to remove the restrictions other than that I have to have a court subpoena my own records!!!

WHAT??? They have access to everything about me but won't tell me a thing about my own account? I've been fighting this for over a month and of course my subscription to Epicwords came due during this time and I have no way to renew.

What a nightmare!
@Rob Can't you just close the account and open a new one? Maybe leave it closed for a few days, if necessary. Or even open an account in the name of your dog or cat or pet rock?

Btw, subpoenas aren't hard to get. You can file a suit (with them as the defendant) and then you'll have a case number that you can assign the subpoena to. Or once you've filed the suit you can motion for expedited discovery and get the information that way. IANAL so contact a friend or business associate for how to do this in your state. Here in Florida a small claim can be filed for $25 and they have to have a lawyer show up to fight it (no board member or other corporate representative) which will cost them a bunch of money. Cheaper to just give you want you want. :)
Rob
@Frank

I thought about opening another account and originally asked them if I could just do that (before things got nasty) and they flat told me that if I did it would be limited as well or closed all together and that in essence it would only look more suspicious to their fraud department.

That was in my first conversation with them and so I took it for granted that things would be worked out quickly.It was only when the case was escalated and I got a call back that I was told I would need to subpoena my records.

Thanks for the information too about cheap ways to go about getting it, I appreciate it and will follow up with it. That's not really the point though, I've been an active paypal member since the companies founding and have never had one problem EVER till now. I just feel like they have terrible customer support and that I shouldn't have to go through a legal procedure just to spend twelve damned dollars.
Oh, I agree -- you shouldn't have to. :(
wow wtf!
Paypal's recurring payment system has been acting strange lately. I've set up support for one-time payments here:
http://www.epicwords.com/payments/single_payment
As for a completely non-paypal solution, that will take some more time.