Forum / Forumpost RSS

Is there anywhere you would be able to subscribe to a feed on for a thread or a forum?

I am not liking subscription as I am playing with spam/flood-prone friends (which means that it can be a lot of emails about nothing in any thread) but would still keep an eye on what's going on without having to remember logging in. I would therefore love seeing a (fairly customizable) RSS-feature.

Best regards
Alex
There isn't yet... It's been on my list of to-dos, but low in priority since no one has requested it yet... Until now.
Oh and another reason it hasn't been done yet is that it's difficult to enforce permissions with RSS. If your forums are publicly viewable, it's not an issue. However, the default is to limit it to campaign members.
There are several ways of solving this.

This solution of course requires opening a security hole but I guess as long as everyone in the group have agreed on keeping the security up, it should be no issue.

Every time you log in you create a session-code. You probably already do this for the cookies you save. Use the same session-code to access the RSS feed and thereby access it - if the session-code is either changed or nullified (from logging out) the access to the RSS-feed is no longer possible. This would create an URL-string similar to this:

https://www.epicowords.com/session-code/forums/3176/username/thread.rss

Should be fairly easy to do. This, of course, forces a user to only use a single device to to use to reach the RSS. However, I would love to see a checkbox (in that case) for "Allow signing in from multiple devices" - I think you can see the benefit of that.
That's one solution. It's a bit clunky and comes with restrictions that I'm not too happy with (a single device, not able to use online rss aggregators, etc.). There are other options that I would want to investigate as well. RSS does support basic HTTP authentication. I tried getting that supported on EW a couple years ago, but didn't have any luck. I want to revisit it soon because it opens up all sorts of possibilities for clients like RSS readers, iPhone and Android apps, etc..
more ppl interested in that feature?