XP (and others) multi-edit?

Pointer-left Scales_of_war_thumb
Ali
So a while ago you implemented the calendar sessions which could be tied to XP, loot, and journal entries - awesome! However, there is a known bug that when adding a new XP entry, you can't specify a session. I'd appreciate if that could be fixed, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

Currently, as a work-around, I'm entering XP and then manually editing each one to be tied to a session. This is a bit time consuming, so I am hereby requesting a multi-edit feature. That is, I select several Xp entries (or loot, etc) and edit them all at the same time. This would only work on certain fields, such as date, assigned_to, session, etc, but it would be useful I think.

For XP in particular, if you give out X amount in one session, it actually counts as a number of entries equal to the number of players. You enter it one time, but if you want to edit it, you have to edit five or six entries, which sucks if you accidentally enter the wrong amount of XP to begin with. Also for changing the date; sometimes I enter XP the day later and forget to change the date, so you have to manually edit each one individually.

Thanks
First off, you're absolutely right about adding a session field to the multi-XP form. It's long overdue (my apologies).
The second part is something I've thought about as well (as I was slogging through several XP entries with the same mistake). This would require some thinking, though. There is a one-to-one relationship between XP and characters with the assumption that XP belongs to the character's campaign. This change would require that XP can belong to multiple characters. And if one of those characters leaves the campaign and joins a different one, then the XP would belong to two (or more) different campaigns...
All this is to say that it's not an easy change, but it's one that I want to make as it would make managing XP a lot easier! (it would also be nice to have one line for XP awarded to all characters so that it takes up less of the chart).
You should be able to add XP to a game session now.
Just used it that is great!

Admin

I can not tell you how happy I was to have this feature. I post one XP per encounter tied to the Calendar Session.

In addition I post a variety of Bonus XP, Journal XP, etc. each week so I was able to fly through the XP posting this week.

You rock!

Admin

I just checked and I average 30-50 XP postings per week and around 10 journal entries (players included) each week.

Now each journal is shorter than most as we break them into encounters, and some are no more than place holders, but hey we are cranking.

This also does not include multiple comments under each journal.

Regards
Impressive! You guys are definitely power users!