Iphone App

← Previous 1 3 4
Apologies if it's already been posted. Any possibility of an App? I've been using Evernote, which is really just a "use anywhere notepad", but my players could access their characters, campaign data, the wiki.

I don't know know about the back-end coding -- might be easier to make a mobile-site, reformat all pictures to gifs (remove them?!).

App would make it easy to add a dice roller tab, maybe a randomizer (Randomizer - App). I currently use 4 different apps during a game session -- and they're never 'shutdown' freindlt, it'd be nice to condense them.
I've wanted to do an iphone/android app for a while. It's really more of a bandwidth issue, though. I could really use it myself, in fact!

Feel free to use this forum to post features that you want/need from such an app.
Well, of course, the major deciding factor is how many people are going to use it. We'll just have to get more people on here now =)
I'd certainly use this.

As far as features, mostly, finger-sized links, and mobile-phone formatting. Otherwise, keep it as close as possible to the normal thing.
Agreed -- I don't think I would necessarily even need editing capabilities on the App - formatted/fast access to characters and the Wiki would be fine. A combined Dice-roller/combat tracker would just be gravy ;)
Brendan
Well, of course, the major deciding factor is how many people are going to use it. We'll just have to get more people on here now =)

Of course, if enough people demand it, I'll create one. However, I'm also interested in padding my résumé with an iphone app, so it might just happen anyway. Because of that, the major deciding factor is time.

In the mean time, I may look into simply optimizing certain pages of the site for mobile devices. I'm thinking:

Campaign Dashboard
Campaign Wikis List
Campaign References/NPCs List
Individual Wikis

Even more helpful for mobile would be to change the general layout for mobile pages. Mainly by getting rid of the sidebar on the right, and moving that info and navigation to the top of the page.
I wasn't really thinking correctly when I voiced my support. I was thinking of a mobile webapp. I'm not opposed to you experimenting with the apple app approval process (I'm told it's hee larious), but the webapp is what I was thinking. I'm saying it again: webapp.

I play using the fora, so mobile-optimization there would be welcome too.
Admin
Even more helpful for mobile would be to change the general layout for mobile pages. Mainly by getting rid of the sidebar on the right, and moving that info and navigation to the top of the page.
Also, the text box input could be improved. Scrolling in a large text box is particularly annoying, most of the time.
Nazim
Also, the text box input could be improved. Scrolling in a large text box is particularly annoying, most of the time.

I noticed that as well
I am all for this in a high way. I vote for an iphone app to use on my ipad. I use a palm pre for phone. I would pay for and ipad/iphone app.

regards
as a runner up optimized for palm pre, ipad or mobile device sounds great.

regards
← Previous 1 3 4