In Character Forum Threads

Unless I'm not seeing the option, I love that when commenting on a Journal post I can choose to do so in or out of character. I would love to see that extended to the forums.

Perhaps even when starting a thread be able to force all posts in character.

My group likes to use the Journal for recaps of the night or perhaps what their character is doing between game nights, but we have a forum thread for "At the Tavern" where we have all the characters gather for a meal or to celebrate a successful adventure and they can all kinda shoot the breeze and chat and build relationships outside of game time. I don't know if it would translate too well to Journal posts, but the forum has been working well so far for it. It would just be cool to have our character portraits show up next to the posts instead of our account portraits.

Anyway, just a thought.
I had considered this when first developing the site. The idea is that forums would be used mainly to discuss topics outside of roleplaying and that roleplaying would take place in the journal and it's comments.
Of course, it doesn't make sense that we make the tools so restrictive. I've considered make this change for a while now, but it has been very low on my priority list. As usual, the more people chime in on this thread, the higher up on the priority list it goes. But it is on the list!
I second this - sometimes, my group has a hard time getting together, though we've all forum-gamed before, and having the option of being able to do a scene or session online, when the player has time to post, would be a convenient way to keep things rolling if we're having a difficult time getting together.
I actually figured that this is what the difference was. I am instructed my players to use the forums for players and the journals for characters.

Regards
Ok, its my fault, for not paying attnetion, but twice now ive accidentally made a character post, but left it as the user, for posting. is htere a way to edit that? could there be? i intended to post as my character, since its PBP journal.

alternatively, ive noticed that when i try to delete one of my posts, even if its the most recent post in a thread, it wont delete. that could partially solve the problem right there.
You should be able to edit and delete your own posts. This sounds like a bug. I'll look into it right away.
thank you. for clarification, i can edit it, just not the 'post as' portion. it wont delete my posts though, when asked.
so, for instance: i intend to post as my character, in a journal, but forget to tick the character box. so instead of Lhyrial responding, Sabrina does. i dont think theres a way to change that, but it would be awesome if there was.