Leveling and Stuff

← Previous 1
Thought at one point we had a thread for this but not seeing it right now. Anyhow working to do quick level up for Solaris and decided that for this level i'd be picking up
"Passage of Swords"

Essentially another daze attack, the ability to slide something and free melee attacks for our melee heavy groups! If anyone had suggestions for this level let me know though. Cerebral worm was another daily I was looking at (essentially target takes 10psychic damage or gets disadvantage on it's rolls)

The biggest thing I want to change though is retraining "Martyr's Surge" (extra d6 healing when i'm bloodied and use surge) it seems to have come up as too situational and hard to benefit from in most circumstances. Was considering replacing it with
"Tainted Wounds"
Mainly to open our options against things that can heal (which there have been a few of, before the vampires we just fought if i'm not mistaken)

The other thing I was considering was the multiclass warlord feat, free bonuses to you guys when you use an AP to attack on a hit or miss. Any thoughts guys?
Great power choice.

Tainted wounds is pretty good, hard to say if it would be worthwhile. It would give us another way to block hp regen/regain on harder mobs, but the dungeon wasn't from dark sun specifically. I don't have a lot of experience with dark sun, or knowledge on the creatures, so I don't know what to tell you. You could look into the feats that grant additional bonuses when you allow someone to spend a healing surge with one of your powers. I would give you the name, but wotc won't let me log in...

Also, I know that Shane was already planning on picking up the same feat for the warlord, so I wouldn't bother. You could pick up the additional daily heal, which would combo well with the additional bonuses from healing surges granted.
I remembered!!

Matt, it's Last Legion Officer. They can choose to either shift 1 square or gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex until the start of their next turn.

Also, DM, do we still have our mark of the tembo?
Ah yes I did look at that ability sam. if shane is getting multi class I'll pick up last legion easily :)
Last Legion could work since we was an officer. That one is pretty sweet since you get some more utility out of it.

If you want to stop healing, just carry the iron sword we have around. Waste of a feat unless you know 100% we will be fighting things you will get use out of it with.

As for me: My new daily is a dominate.

My up coming feats are multi-class warlord (the bravado one, +4 dmg on ap for allies) and the avenging soul (gain an ap when you see or hear an ally drop to 0 o below).
Pak'cha is retraining his 1st lvl utility for the ability to fly (encounter as oppsed to daily for the surpreme flurry) and he is picking up some more flying specials in the form of a 1-2-3-4 target attack that goes Whuaaaaaa! And kills stuff.

Pretty easy level for me.
A new form, that allows me to daze and slow (save ends both), or until end of next turn on a miss. I like to think that the form is made to hunt giants... haha

It's Form of Paradise's Bounty (wtf is with the name right? I figure it sounds like a hunting form of sorts? bounty = quarry)
Awesome sauce. :)
Could see it as a mental attack that makes them think they are in paradise or something, hence daze/slow
Heh, didn't think of it that way. OR, Harbek just hits them extra hard... in the head... and knee...
Feedback time guys! After talking with dustin and getting the ok, i'm dumping "Rewarding Strike" for something hopefully more useful! As you guys likely noticed last session I did use a retrain to pick up energizing strike (dropping demoralizing strike) and was quite happy to have it back in my ability list. That being said I now need to replace rewarding strike and have figured that one of the following are my likely choices;

Mindlink Strike

Initial thoughts on that ability are that it allows people who hit harder than me to get in an attack, the attacks are opportunity attacks (which benefit from my mantle for increased damage). The augment 2 is also especially nice as a burst that hits only enemies and allows me to grant multiple attacks in tight quarter fights. Definitely liking this one.

The other option I am seriously considering is as follows
Trailblazing Assault

I'm seriously thinking Trailblazing may be a winner out of the two for our group makeup. With our heavy melee focus the extra speed can give extra maneuverability for strikers and both augments for this ability are just ridiculously useful. Surgeless healing for augment 1 and augment 2 is just ridiculously strong. It not only gives someone an attack, but defense bonuses and a healing surge.

Anyhow guys shoot me some feedback on em and what you think.
I think the extra attacks are better,personally. Especially since since its an opp. Action. That's seriously good for Gabe. And it's not limited to the free action attk restrictions.
Are the both at-wills? I like the charge attack better- it gives people motion, and allows the group to stay as a tighter unit. The close burst is nice for (1) extra attack plus your damage, assuming you hit.

The trailblazing assault is also fun because Pak'cka loves speed bonuses for his flying special. He deriver on time or yoo eat free!
Both are at wills
While the racial stereotype is correct on the movement, that's really only best aiding him. The rest of the group isn't much on multiple target strikes, so their increased movement is meh. (And we won't be seeing the Pak for a while, yet)

Crusher gets a bonus on opportunity attacks equal to his wisdom from combat superiority, making the attack a near guarantee every time.
← Previous 1